Taree Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Taree Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing taree.town for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Taree for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Taree?
Taree Galleries and Museums
The town of Taree in New South Wales, Australia is home to several galleries, museums, and historical venues that offer visitors a glimpse into the rich cultural heritage of the region. In this article, we will categorize, list and describe these sites, and provide location details to help tourists plan their visit to the town.
1. The Manning Regional Art Gallery - This gallery is a must-visit for art enthusiasts. It displays a wide range of contemporary and traditional artworks from Australia and beyond. Located on 12 Macquarie Street, Taree, it is open from 10 am to 4 pm, Tuesday to Saturday.
1. The Taree Craft Centre and Gallery - An exciting place to visit for tourists interested in local crafts. It showcases a collection of handmade crafts made by local artisans. It is open from 10 am to 4 pm, Monday to Friday, and located at 5 Albert St, Taree.
2. The Manning Valley Historical Museum - This museum provides an insight into the history and heritage of the Manning Valley. It houses a collection of artifacts, photographs, and stories of the region's early settlers. The museum is open from 1 pm to 4 pm, Tuesday to Friday, and located at 12 Farquhar St, Taree South.
3. The Ellenborough Falls Visitor Centre - This museum is located at the base of the Ellenborough Falls and provides detailed information about the falls and surrounding areas. Visitors can learn about the geological formation of the falls, flora and fauna of the region, and the history of the aboriginal people who once lived here. The centre is open from 10 am to 4 pm, Monday to Sunday.
1. The Taree Historic Walk - This self-guided walking tour takes visitors through the town's rich history. The walk starts from the Taree Visitor Information Centre and passes through several historical sites like the Old Council Chambers, St Paul's Presbyterian Church, and the Memorial Hall. The walk takes approximately two hours to complete.
2. The Manning River Historical Walk - Another fascinating self-guided walk that takes visitors through the history of the Manning River. The walk starts from the Taree Visitor Information Centre and passes through several sites like the Manning River Bridge, the Wharf area, and the Queen Elizabeth Park. The walk takes approximately two hours to complete.
3. The Coopernook School Museum - This museum is located 18 km south of Taree and is housed in a heritage-listed building that was once a public school. Visitors can learn about the school's history and see various artefacts from the past, including old school desks, books, and uniforms. The museum is open from 10 am to 4 pm, Monday to Friday.
Taree in New South Wales, Australia, has many fascinating galleries, museums, and historical venues that offer visitors a glimpse into the region's rich cultural heritage. From art galleries to self-guided walks, there is something for everyone. Visitors to the town should plan their itinerary in advance to make the most of their time in this charming town.
Taree Galleries and Museums Articles